Careers at the Social Edge
Back End Engineer / Dev Ops Engineer
The Social Edge is seeking a talented back end engineer / dev ops engineer.
BASELINE SKILL SET
The candidate should be comfortable with
- Unix/Linux file structures
- Versioning with git
- Modern development tactics (sprints / scrum / agile dev)
The candidate should also
- Be familiar with modern MVC frameworks (RoR / Codeigniter) and content management systems
- Be familiar with social media and online publishing tactics
THE FUN STUFF
The candidate should
- Have 5 years experience deploying applications to bare metal and vps systems.
- Be very familiar with the current security environment and be ready to discuss your references and tactics for server based security and local development security as well.
- Be fluent in at least one of the common backend languages (ideally php, but ruby, python etc. are fine). Bonus if you are into node.js and newer server / client models.
- Be very familiar with AWS and the associated concepts IE loadbalancing, CDNs, self healing networks, elastic scaling, SNS/SQS and so on. Bonus if you have played with running headless webkit instances for screen capture tasks / phantom.js shenanigans.
- You basically understand how the internet works inside and out.
- Competitive Compensation. Commensurate with experience.
- Flexible Vacation and Sick Time policy. Work smarter, not harder. Spend your time freely, just get your work done. We know you need to see grandma every so often; we love ours, too.
- Great Health Benefits. Happy, healthy people make better employees.
- 401k Policy With Company Matching. Because your financial future is made in the present.
- Company Bonus Program. Your total annual compensation is directly tied to our company’s well being. We are all in the same boat and we want you to help us raise the tide.
- Company Outings and Trips. We like to have fun together. The all-expenses-paid type of fun.
- Your Very Own MacBook Air or iMac. Your choice. Plus a large display if “vagabond” is your style.
- Suggest Your Own. We are adding benefits all the time. Help us build a great business, and reap the rewards alongside us.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.