Careers at the Social Edge
Back End Engineer / Dev Ops Engineer
We are looking for a talented back end engineer / dev ops engineer in New York City, NY
BASELINE SKILL SET
The candidate should be comfortable with
- Unix/Linux file structures
- Versioning with git
- Modern development tactics (sprints / scrum / agile dev)
The candidate should also
- Be familiar with modern MVC frameworks (RoR / Codeigniter) and content management systems
- Be familiar with social media and online publishing tactics
THE FUN STUFF
The candidate should
- Have 5 years experience deploying applications to bare metal and vps systems.
- Be very familiar with the current security environment and be ready to discuss your references and tactics for server based security and local development security as well.
- Be fluent in at least one of the common backend languages (ideally php, but ruby, python etc. are fine). Bonus if you are into node.js and newer server / client models.
- Be very familiar with AWS and the associated concepts IE loadbalancing, CDNs, self healing networks, elastic scaling, SNS/SQS and so on. Bonus if you have played with running headless webkit instances for screen capture tasks / phantom.js shenanigans.
- You basically understand how the internet works inside and out.
- Competitive Compensation. Commensurate with experience.
- Employee Incentive Stock Option Grant. Own a piece of the company you’re helping to build and share in its success
- 401k Policy With Company Matching. Because your financial future is made in the present.
- Great Health Benefits. Happy, healthy people make better employees.
- Flexible Vacation and Sick Time policy. Work smarter, not harder. Spend your time freely, just get your work done. We know you need to see grandma every so often; we love ours, too.
- Company Outings and Trips. We like to have fun together. The all-expenses-paid type of fun.
- Your Very Own MacBook Air or iMac. Your choice. Plus a large display if “vagabond” is your style.
- Suggest Your Own. We are adding benefits all the time. Help us build a great business, and reap the rewards alongside us.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.