Careers at the Social Edge
We are looking for an experienced data scientist in New York City, NY
BASELINE SKILL SET
The candidate should be comfortable with
- Unix/Linux file structures
- Versioning with git
- Modern development tactics (sprints / scrum / agile dev)
The candidate should also
- Be familiar with modern MVC frameworks (RoR / Codeigniter) and content management systems
- Understand the architecture of the internet at large and local networks
- Be very familiar with social media and online publishing tactics. Bonus if you are already familiar with affiliate attribution structures for online advertising and publishing.
THE FUN STUFF
The candidate should
- Have 3 years experience in statistical analysis and modeling using software tools
- Have a statistics background and be very comfortable with programming or also have a computer science degree
- Know the difference between RIPPERs and naive Bayes and why kNN algos are lazy
- Have experience modeling for Hadoop / Redshift / EMR or other really big data systems. Bonus if you have done any front end development working with data visualization packages or backend development wrangling large datasets. Ideally you will be able to dive into a data set and pull out a useful model and be able to reflect that in a database structure if necessary.
- Competitive Compensation. Commensurate with experience.
- Employee Incentive Stock Option Grant. Own a piece of the company you’re helping to build and share in its success
- 401k Policy With Company Matching. Because your financial future is made in the present.
- Great Health Benefits. Happy, healthy people make better employees.
- Flexible Vacation and Sick Time policy. Work smarter, not harder. Spend your time freely, just get your work done. We know you need to see grandma every so often; we love ours, too.
- Company Outings and Trips. We like to have fun together. The all-expenses-paid type of fun.
- Your Very Own MacBook Air or iMac. Your choice. Plus a large display if “vagabond” is your style.
- Suggest Your Own. We are adding benefits all the time. Help us build a great business, and reap the rewards alongside us.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.