Careers at the Social Edge
Front End Engineer
We are looking for a talented front end engineer in New York City, NY
BASELINE SKILL SET
The candidate should be comfortable with
- Unix/Linux file structures
- Versioning with git
- Modern development tactics (sprints / scrum / agile dev)
The candidate should also
- Be familiar with modern MVC frameworks (RoR / Codeigniter) and content management systems
- Understand the architecture of the internet at large and local networks
- Be familiar with social media and online publishing tactics
THE FUN STUFF
The candidate should
- Have 3 years front end development experience
- Understand the dom inside and out
- Be very comfortable with recent developments in css / html5 / local storage / ajax / etc. Sass or Less is a bonus.
- Be very comfortable working with templated code such as liquid, mustache or smarty. Bonus if you have your own git repos where you keep your tool kit.
- Competitive Compensation. Commensurate with experience.
- Employee Incentive Stock Option Grant. Own a piece of the company you’re helping to build and share in its success
- 401k Policy With Company Matching. Because your financial future is made in the present.
- Great Health Benefits. Happy, healthy people make better employees.
- Flexible Vacation and Sick Time policy. Work smarter, not harder. Spend your time freely, just get your work done. We know you need to see grandma every so often; we love ours, too.
- Company Outings and Trips. We like to have fun together. The all-expenses-paid type of fun.
- Your Very Own MacBook Air or iMac. Your choice. Plus a large display if “vagabond” is your style.
- Suggest Your Own. We are adding benefits all the time. Help us build a great business, and reap the rewards alongside us.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.