We are looking for a talented and passionate software engineer to join our team of engineers, designers, ML and data experts and product managers to help build out our platform, Contempo, in New York City, NY
Contempo connects premium, socially-optimized publishers with high quality audiences via the intermediation of influential voices, communities and personalities on all major social networks, optimizing and simplifying the experience of curating and managing a successful content strategy on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Via data-driven targeting, real-time analytics and machine-learning, influencers can optimize their social game and engage their audience, while sharing in the revenue they contribute to for our network of premium publishers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Help us build a best-in-class product used by the top digital content publishers and thousands of social influencers with access to millions of fans. Further strengthen the Contempo content platform by creating and maintaining best practices software architectures and actively supporting our existing infrastructure. Creatively weave in new technologies and third-party solutions as we further identify the needs of the app and of our users. Be a technical leader in driving new use cases, products, and infrastructure and help us refine our understanding of where we the platform can further be leveraged to maximize adoption, usefulness and engagement.
- Actively help define and build out new functionality for our app from the backend to the UI
- Thoroughly understand our data structure, helping us build new data facets and maintain our data integrity
- Be responsible for a scalable and real time infrastructure for data collection and analysis
- Maintain our system monitoring tools and implement further tools to understand and synthesize information about the state of our system
- Help in managing QA, unit testing and deployment infrastructure
- Keep aware of industry best practices for development process, DevOps and software engineering
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- Complete mastery of how the internet works inside and out and familiarity with all standard communication protocols.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree preferred
- Fluent with CLI / *NIX File Structures, Git and versioning, modern dev cycle strategies
- 3-5 years experience deploying applications to bare metal and vps systems.
- Be very familiar with the state of internet security currently with specific experience and knowledge of strategies and tactics for server based security and local development security
- Be fluent in at least two of the common backend languages (ideally node, but ruby, python etc. are fine).
- Be very familiar with AWS and the general production deployment concepts, i.e., load balancing, CDNs, self healing networks, elastic scaling, SNS/SQS and so on. Experience in assembling and managing large deployments in AWS a plus
- Bonus if the candidate has played with running headless webkit instances for screen capture tasks
- Competitive Compensation. Commensurate with experience.
- Employee Incentive Stock Option Grant. Own a piece of the company you’re helping to build and share in its success
- 401k Policy With Company Matching. Because your financial future is made in the present.
- Great Health Benefits. Happy, healthy people make better employees.
- Flexible Vacation and Sick Time policy. Work smarter, not harder. Spend your time freely, just get your work done. We know you need to see grandma every so often; we love ours, too.
- Company Outings and Trips. We like to have fun together. The all-expenses-paid type of fun.
- Your Very Own MacBook Air or iMac. Your choice. Plus a large display if “vagabond” is your style.
- Suggest Your Own. We are adding benefits all the time. Help us build a great business, and reap the rewards alongside us.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.